Welcome to the Principal's HIVE
Dear Centralia Community:
Centralia continues to shine as a school of excellence. We are proud to have earned a Title 1 Academic Achievement Award, California Businesses for Excellence in Education Honor Roll Recipient, and a Silver Medal from the California PBIS Coalition for our work in Positive Behavior and Intervention Supports. With your partnership, Centralia students will continue to meet high expectations by exceeding rigorous goals and demonstrating growth this upcoming school year.
In order to make our school year go smoothly:
- Centralia offers all-day kindergarten from 8:05-1:35pm. On Thursday, Kindergarteners will be released at 1:15pm in their designated areas. School hours are from 8:05-1:50 for students in 1st-3rd grades and from 8:05-2:25 for student in 4th-6th grades. Thursday remains early release day where student in 1st -6th will be release at 1:30. Please be mindful of the time changes as you pick up your child/children. Please visit our website for additional information.
- For your child’s education please make sure your child gets to school on time (lined up at 8:03) and attends the whole instructional day.
- Please schedule doctor/dentist appointments for after school. If you child does need to leave early please send a note with your child in the morning.
- Please read the website and keep your phone number up to date so that you can receive the phone messages of upcoming events. The website, our marquee and our Sunday night message will be the primary means of communication. School policies and procedures (under parent resources) are on our website.
- Please save the information card in the back to school packet so you can plan using the school year calendar. Note that Back to School night is Thursday, August 30th at 5:00pm. You can sign up to receive text message alerts from the school by texting “Yes” to 67587.
- If you bring your child’s lunch during the day, please place the lunch on the cart (located in the front office). Teachers will be notified that the student’s lunch is in the office. Be sure to put the name of your child and the name of your child’s teacher on their lunches.
Our new school year brings some changes and new faces! Please join me in welcoming new staff members Chelsie Steinart and Stacy Woodward. Stacy Woodard is our new Preschool SDC teacher, Chelsie Steinart is our 4-6 grade SDC teacher, and Cassandra Arnold is our 2-3 grade SDC teacher. Joining the 5th grade team, we have Roxeanne McGraw and Natalie Lazar and joining our 2nd grade team is Judy Chhouk and Suzanne Lusar.
Traffic can be very congested before the start of school and immediately before and during dismissal. We appreciate your cooperation in being patient, driving slowing and carefully through the school parking lot, as well as following traffic rules and guidelines. We anticipate more congestion this school year, as we have aligned preschool’s schedule to our daily schedule. For the safety of all families, please utilize the crosswalk equipped with a crossing guard at the corner of Western and Jackson Way.
Our campus will be open the first day of school, Wednesday, August 8 through Friday, August 11 and parents are invited and encouraged to walk students to their classroom line and become familiar with the campus. Effective Monday, August 13, we will implement our closed campus policy and parents will be expected to drop students off at the gate and students will walk to their lines.
A big thank you to Centralia’s PTA! With their continued support, the Centralia Staff is committed to providing educational and entertaining activities throughout the school year. We are always interested in additional parent volunteers and PTA members.
As Centralia’s principal, I look forward to working with Centralia families to write the next chapter of Centralia’s journey. Thank you for your continued support in your child’s education. For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via phone at 714-228-3210 or email at email@example.com.
Dr. Tia Belt Brown, Principal